Monday, March 30, 2009

Rapping to Prison: T.I sentenced for one year

T.I, whose real name is Christopher Harris, has completed 1000 hours of community service, and will need to complete 470 more hours. In addition, hip-hop star warned teenagers about the dangerous consequences of guns, drugs and violencehe on the eight episodes of reality TV Series “T.I’s Road to Redemption”. His mentorship has benefitted a group of kids who have expressed their gratitude. Cynthia from episode 8 said "I feel better now [as a person], ’cause a year ago I wasn’t even going to school…..I didn’t go all last year — I was getting locked up. But now I’m just focused. I’m staying in school, even though it’s boring. But I have to do it, because I want to be something in life.” Another participant, Trey, who was in the second eopisode, spoke about how he and his father helped each other stay on the right path after his father was released from prison. He stated "After the show, [people] told me to keep going. At the rate I am [going], I’ll be up there, successful [soon]."

Throughout the court hearing on Friday morning, many of T.I’s supporters voiced that the law should show mercy in sentencing T.I on the basis of his community work. His lawyer specifically mentioned that in the past one year, the rapper has made 262 public appearance at schools, churches and youth groups. T.I has been given a time of 30 to 60 days to appear in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Feed Shark